1889 Foundation and Pennsylvania Rural Arts Alliance are continuing their partnership on the Creative Health Impact Grant (CHIG) Awards. The awards will provide up to $25,000 in 1889 Foundation funds to support arts programs related to health and wellness in Cambria and Somerset Counties.
This is the third year of 1889 Foundation’s initial three-year commitment to the PRAA for the CHIG Awards. The gift comes from foundation funds that have been donor-designated to support arts programs.
A workshop for interested organizations has been scheduled for February 28, 2:00 pm at Laurel View Village in Davidsville, PA.
Here is a brief overview of the grant guidelines:
- Grants will support effective arts projects and programs related to health and wellness that are offered by non-profit organizations. Funded programs must take place in Cambria and Somerset Counties.
- Eligible entities will apply to the PRAA for grant funding, and applications will be evaluated based on a review by the 1889 Foundation Creative Health Impact Grants Committee. Awards will range from $1,000 to $5,000, depending on quality and quantity of applications.
- Applicants wishing to apply for this funding must schedule a meeting in person or by phone with PRAA’s executive director to discuss the scope of the program or project.
- Both new and established programs or projects are eligible, and collaborations between organizations are encouraged. Multiple applications from one organization will be accepted, as long as each application is distinctly different from the other.
- Funded activities could include but are not limited to exhibitions, performances, festivals, arts classes, and other programs that relate to health and wellness. All activities must be open to the general public. Certain forms of activities, including capital expenditures, cash prizes, and hospitality expenses, are not eligible.
- Applications from eligible entities will be evaluated based on the strength of the proposed project’s goals, its artistic component, and its potential to positively impact the health and wellness of the community. Additional considerations include the project’s management structure, budget and marketing plan.
The timeline for the grants award process is as follows:
- Applications must be postmarked no later than April 20, 2018. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions in June.
- Grant funding will be awarded in July 2018, and funded activities must take place between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
- A final report is required no later than 60 days after the project’s conclusion, documenting its impact and detailing how funds were used.